Sunday, August 25, 2013

Photo-shooting with Tina!




So, as I've said, I had a photoshooting and this time my victim was Tina, my friend and a croatian singer. We have been trying for months to arrange this photoshooting, and the idea for it was clear from the very beginning - old hollywood style! And of corse, not everything went as planned. 
When I started with the developing of the idea and planning itself, I asked my schoolmate if she could help me. At first she was thrilled, but in the end she had some bad luck with her car, so she couldn't come. All  the "clothes" thing got messed up. I was supposed to pick them up in Ljubljana, but the schedule got changed, without me knowing it (cause I couldn't check my email, where it was all written), cause apparently my friend got sick, so she couldn't make it. But no biggie, as soon as I arrived home I contacted Tina and said that I was gonna send her some pictures of the outfit - or at least how should it look like, and that she would have to pick something! And so she did, and did a good job too. 
My dad's wife helped me with her hair, which I wanted it to look like Lana del Ray's hair. She asked a friend, who is a hairdresser, to come in the morning so she could give us a hand. She was very helpful, but unfortunately, Tina's got very long hair and a lot of it, so it straighten up pretty quickly. But nevertheless, her hair was beautiful. 
I played a bit with the styling here, and I see it as a mix of different things (like- gone with the wind, Saint Laurent, breakfast at tiffanies, mafia, ...).
Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that from great help was my dad's friend, who brought all of his equipment (lights, flash, cameras,...). He was very kind, he actually stayed for the whole photoshooting and helped me with the lights.

It was photographed in the villa Angolina, ( in my post about home u can see the picture of it - the one in front of the garden), which my daddy very kindly arranged. 
It is very hard when you are a young artist and you are trying to make your way through, and by it I mean that you don't have money and basically everything you do , you do it for free and to learn something and to do something for yourself. Which means, I almost always have to ask favors from others (or help), favors of any kind (modeling, assisting,...) . You just can't do it alone. And now I actually undersand the importance of an assistant. I was doing the makeup here, and being the stylist, and thanks god I had someone to take care of the lights, cause otherwise I don't know how would I make it!

Another thing is - that it is very hard to work with someone who isn't a model, and I believe it is even harder for them. They don't have any training of how to pose or "dance" with the camera, which angels are their best angels, which side of their face is the "prettiest one" and so on. Models learn those kind of stuff, other people don't, and rare know how to do it. But in spite of it, Tina did a great job. So well done dear ;)

I must say I was very nervous the night before. Usually I get so frustrated with what could go wrong, that I usually do all the wrong things, but this time I was sure of myself. I was prepared. Is it close to my expectations? Yes. Am I satisfied? No. I never am. But that's the beauty of it! There is a saying that explains how artist are never truly happy with their work, they always search for more, for a greater thing ( I think it's something like that, correct me if I am wrong ).
So here is the first round of the photoshooting, and will post all of them in the next post! ;)
Hope you like it!






No comments:

Post a Comment