Saturday, August 17, 2013

My beautiful hometown



So, today after 2 weeks of lying in my bad, my daddy took me for a walk through our beautiful town Opatija. So I thought I could share this little piece of me with you!
Opatija is a town situated on the Adriatic coast, Croatia. A lot of tourists and friends I know, compared it with Monaco. It is full of Villas and amazing hotels. By each year it's making progress, so in 10 years, this place should look AMAZING!!!! It already does! :)
Let me copy paste you something from wikipedija, so you can understand it better:

                In 1882 Friedrich Julius Schüler, the Managing Director of Southern Railways started the construction of villas and hotels in Opatija and Lovran, and was responsible for the unique lungomare and parks (the Company engaged Carl Schubert, director of the Viennese Emperial-Royal Society for the construction of parks). In 1882, Cesar-royal Society of the Southern railway from Vienna, led by Julius Schuler, purchased the first land with Villa Angiolina in Opatija. There, in the park Angiolina today stands FJ Schüler's bust, the work of the sculptor Hans Rathausky.
It became a fashionable destination for the Austrian imperial family and Austrian nobility and soon more luxury hotels and villas were built. The first luxury hotel – Hotel "Quarnero" (1884) (today "Grand Hotel Kvarner") was built to the plans by the Viennese architect Franz Wilhelm. 


And yes, the picture below is the picture of Kvarner, first hotel ever built in this parts!

So,that was just what I needed, ice cream, some great company - my amazing daddy, and my beloved sea! Beautiful, isn't it?? Will upload some more pictures, wehn I'll be able to take longer walks!
p.s. we also have the walk of fame (croatian fame, like those stars on the floor in Hollywood) ahahhaha!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment