Monday, August 12, 2013

welcome to that 70's show




First of all a big welcome back HELLO! I wasn’t that active since I started writing cause school gave me loads of work to do, which took almost all of my free time! In the meantime I took a lot of pictures, short documentary movies and a lot of seminar paper work - to be precise, the number is 8, and one of them was about fashion.
I wrote about fashion in the 20th century (too bad it’s in my native language, which not all of u understand, pretty interesting stuff ;) ) and I came to conclusion that the 21th century is a mixture of not only 90’s but also of fashion during the 70’s, 80’s combined with the 90’s. So, to resume -todays urban fashion has elements of 3 decades backwards -  like sweatbands (headbands) from the 70’s - where sportswear and fashion brands, such as Le Coq Sportif, Kangol, Adidas and Pro-Keds attached themselves to the emerging hip hop scene. Than we have brightly colored name-brand tracksuits, sheepskin and leather bomber jackets from the 80’s, and then we have also popular accessories such as heavy jewelry who in general become an enduring element of hip hop fashion.
Today seem also very popular baseball caps and bright neon-colored clothing, which in the early 90’s, pop rappers such as The Fresh Prince, Kid ‘n Play and Left Eye of TLC made it very popular while the R&B singer Aaliyah showed her own way of femininity with oversized pants and big flannel shirts, and she would couple it with a tight shirt or a sports bra underneath those big shirts.
As I see it, in todays ready to wear fashion, we have elements of everything,and everyone seem to be using some parts of it and combining it the way they want. In my opinion, Rihanna is one of the biggest promotors of this kind of fashion. Personally, I don’t like her music that much, but I bow at her style, and other stars seem to be bowing too.
Oh, and let’s not forget BASKETBALL SHIRTS, that seem really very very popular which can be combined with elegancy which it’s also very popular in my country http://www.streetstyleseconds.com/2013/06/basketball-shirts-are-getting-classy.html 
In this picture of me, I combined the 70’s popular sweatbands, which I loooooove, and some kind of basketball shirt with a Wisconsin writing sing. Why Wisconsin? Well, as u know, I love the 70’s and also the most amazing show which is representing that decade - that 70’s show, which takes place in Wisconsin. Although Point Place is the fictional suburban town, Wisconsin isn’t :) 
I am also wearing white high top nike shoes, which remind me a lot of those 80’s nike shoes worn by trash metal kings! haha!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I wanted to comment even though it's an older post, but I just started to follow you on Istagram, and then discovered this blog - love love love your style and I enjoyed reading this post particulary, I actually learned something :) I wanted to ask you about the school you go to, since I'm trying to decide about where to go next after Uni, and I find the mix of fashion and film perfect, a match made in heaven. Do you have to speak or write in italian? Did you pick film&fashion as the majors? Hope you can tell me more about it, and again, great job on the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello darling,
    U have no idea how happy u actually made me with this email! I am glad I could teach someone something, and since I am new in this, u encouraged me to keep posting and sharing my tips with people! So thank you on that one! :)

    So, I am going to this school of arts, former Famul Stuart (very known in Prague I think and also a great school there) and today known for school of Arts or in slovenian visoka šola za umetnost - http://vsu.ung.si/en (the link of the school)
    It has great ideas, used to be in Ljubljana, Slovenija, but they transferred it to Italy - Gorizia, cause Unoversita di Udine gave us half of their school so we could make more room for studios, classrooms and so on, since the last place our school was situated in was very small and had to pay a lot for it's rental! it i a private school, u pay 2800 euros, but u can get it pack (stipend of 2500 eu). This year was a little messed up, cause of the moving thing, and they messed up a lot of things, but it's ok, they give u just the opportunity, and u have to work a lot of your own, have your ideas and will to work, which is great. It's awesome casue we all work together, all 3 generations, and learn from each other. The number of people in that school is increasing by each year, so this year it should be great! in the first year u have all 4 moduls- photography, videofilm, animation and new media (it all says in the link I sent u,maybe it will explain it better to you) , and later in the second grade u decide for 2 major courses u wanna go to. And if u choose photography, and you want to be a fashion photographer later, you say so, and they give you the free will to do so. Each one of us is making something different, as long it's photography, they don't care what you want to do.
    You have also the possibility of erasmus (which I am going this year wohooo) and you get the stipend of 400 euros (ish) for it. U can choose other countries too!
    At first I fell in love with this school cause it's very easy and liberal, it's not like other schools ,and it opens your mind a bit. It has it's pros and contras, but hey, who doesn't.
    There are some great professors that have been like parents to me, and some less good ofc.
    U don't have to speak italian since it's not an italian school. We had some foreign students (portugal, belgrade, italy...) and everybody are helping u with the language and explaining stuff to you, so it's not a problem :)
    u can not pick fashion, since there is none, but as I've said, you pick photography, and if u wanna do so, u do it, since we have some great professors who were fashion photographers and can give you great tips. I am taking pictures now only related to fashion, and will write my diploma about it, and it's ok! doing photography u also go through fashion photography, but u can't start there, u have to learn first the basics of photography. It is very fun :)
    Search a bit the link I gave you, and if you have any more questions, I would be more than glad to help!
    And i hope I helped u a bit :)

    with love, Viktoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!

    The pleasure is all mine :D I feel like there's a gazillion fashion blogs out there but it's rare to see people who have their own thing going and again, I think your style is really exciting. So heck yeah, keep on posting! :D

    Thank you for the info on the school, I know this programme (I'm from Ljubljana, and now I kiiiind of feel silly for writing in english :p). My friend studies photography there, but I never knew they moved it to Italy!

    Sounds like a great school too. Right now I am writing my diploma (i studied philosophy and cultural sociology), but I am really a closeted moviemaker :p And I like how it seems to be organised in a practical way, so you try out a bit of everything and get the feeling for the different media. I'm going to look into it, thanks for the link!

    Well, see you around on the interwebs ;)
    Have a great day,
    Bojana

    ReplyDelete