Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Seeking for inspiration - LX factory



I have probably mentioned before the LX factory, but in case I haven't it's the most visited art center in Lisbon. Here one can enjoy and attend various cultural events and live performances, shop or simply have something to eat in one of the lovely cantinas. 

LXFactory in Lisbon, was born in the place of the former industrial complex of fabric and thread companies  “Companhia de Fiação” e “Tecidos Lisbonense”.


The factory is also called "creative Island" and it also offers entertainment in the night hours being open till 4 am. 

I really liked the place and instantly found a few interesting shops with whom I will cooperate meaning they were so kind to give me access to their shop and use it for the photoshooting and they also offered their clothes which are by the way ADORABLE.

In the factory you can also find two (if I am not mistaken)  photographic studios which was a total jackpot for me. Unfortunatelly I am gonna speak to the tomorrow and ask for equipment rental which I herd is possible.



You also have the opportunity to participate to some creative workshops/classes from designing clothes to photography and video.


They also have a model agency, so I hope I will be able to get a model too and I need them really badly.

There are other shops of course, such as many interesting vintage-retro shops with a crazy collection of items from the 50's on. 

As I mentioned you can also eat in restaurants such as burger factory or sushi factory (haven't been there yet but I set my eyes on it) and some small cute places that offers you some delicious cake whit a cup of coffee or tee. 

Everything is simply adorable, I got inspired right away and here the graffitis covering the walls played a great part.


I also had a chance to see some cool art exhibitions, it's incredible I am telling you, even the corridors inside the factory space are covered with art, different type of it.



I hope I will take out the most of it and write a great diploma work.














For more pictures please visit my FLICKR PAGE



No comments:

Post a Comment