Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Trends?





Last few weeks I spent it with my family, at home.
The trip wasn't exactly how I planed it to be, but it all ended up very well.

At the airport, every damn time I notice something different, changed. Or is it me not paying enough attention or they keep changing things. 
This time was a self check-in machine + the machine for verification of your passports which is called E-verification of passports. 
So I've been waiting in the shorter line to avoid the bigger one at the "old fashion way" of verifying  passports, but of course soon I realized that I can't do it with my ID card, so I got through in the bigger line, on the very end of it of-course.

When I got to the section where you have to get in the little bus which takes you to the airplane, there were no other passengers besides me. The assistant who was there started dialing numbers and speaking something very dramatically in portuguese, and there I was standing with a rainy cloud above my head, imagining the worst possible scenario. 
Ten calls later, she finally pointed out the direction and allowed me to proceed. 

This was the first time the flight had two stops, which doesn't mean necessarily that you have to change flights and now I am perfectly aware of it, but no sir I wasn't at the beginning of the trip.

At the airplanes first stop in Bologna, Italy, I noticed people getting up and leaving the airplane, so I marched after them to come to realize while already standing in the little bus waiting to start, that my friend who was traveling with me hasn't left the airplane.
So, the last second I got out and with my head down just marched right back in to the plain. To think I could have stayed in Bologna and did I mention I didn't had a working phone? Nor a working laptop? 
But ok, it all ended up well, I at least learned something new about flights. Cool thing, definitely.
I had to share this little incident with you, haha.

So, at home it was at first a little bit boring, since I was sick and couldn't leave my room, but then I got to see all of my family - from my mothers side and dad's side, and it was quite nice to be surrounded by all of them, specially my sick grandmother who just had a heavy case of heart attack, but she proved to everyone what kind of trooper she is. Way to go granny!

I also finally made peace with the technologic part of my life such as my Mac laptop, phone, camera. It's just amazing to me this love and hate relationship we've established, never get's old. 
Oh well, thanks to my dad, I got my dear machine working again.


While I was cut off by technology from the internet world, I had time to do some stuff I never do anymore, such as reading and reading all afternoon. 
As my first victim I choose one of the italian greets classics "Coscienza di Zeno" by Italo Svevo, which was laying on the bookshelves collecting dust and completely forsaken in the high school years, where I completely refused of reading this book, actually I hated it and now I simply LOVE it. 

(snapshot while visiting around)


Another thing I noticed was this crazy internet thing going on. Internet has become soooo essential on daily bases, it's crazy.
I mean, some things you don't notice cause you are doing them all the time, right?
 But step away from it for a week or more, I swear that all that you will notice is everyone talking about the Kardashian girls, everyone using this #hashtag thing (and I am not referring to instagram where that is kind of normal, but even there it lost it's sense), and the boom of Lenny Kravitz huge ass scarf.
Oh and let's not forget about the miss Taylor Swift. 
It's a true story. Since I got my computer back every single damn day on the yahoo pages there is some story, or multiple stories about one of the Kardashian girls. 

It's like I got an epiphany on this media-star world. You have this circle that keeps spinning, and there is always some main characters in the middle who keep their feet stuck in to the ground, and then multiple other less interesting players who keep changing. Also the middle part changes but not as fast.
And congrats to the Kardashian girls, I mean, no matter if you love or hate what they are doing and how they do it, they are a really good group of fine business woman. 
Very strong figures, and almost each one of those plays an important part in the medias, individually speaking since as a group they already conquered the world.

But you must admit it's really crazy that people are talking for over than a month about Kyle Jenners lips. I mean, really? Weather she got it or not, she likes it and must say I love it too. I know that it's all part of the media world, I mean, after all they are public figures so the comments are expected cause after all we are the ones making those people famous, but still, has this generation went so crazy and turned completely in to pretentious boobs without any sign of intellectual actions going on in their brains??! 

I mean, I love fashion, clothes, shopping, stars and their gossips, who wears what, and so on and on, but hey, I have so much more to say. I read, I am interested in many other things, I love to learn and my mind surely doesn't go around something like "let's open a topic about Kyle Jenners lips injections". 
It's like we live in the era of dumb generation who completely lacks any interest in learning and they automatically connect it to studying. 



Well, to catch you up on what I am doing now. I promised myself that in the next 2 months or even less, I am gonna finish my diploma work. I am still shaping my ideas but mostly I am cruising around the idea about woman and what they represent today, their strength and beauty, to sum it up - womanism. 
But then my mom gave a few interesting tips and ideas and included fashion in it. 
She pond me a very interesting question: who says what's in or not? who sets the fashion trends, how they decide the upcoming season, where does it all begin?

I know a lot about this particular theme, but I could not precisely answer those questions. 
When I think about myself and my styles, I wonder where it came from. Sure, in those years it always depends on which kind of music you are in to at the moment, what kind of group of people you are surrounded with, and somehow the IT trend, who on it's tip toes finds a way, very silently tho,to influence your personal style.

(an evergreen trend)


Now I know exactly how and what I like, but I always add somehow something "in" without even knowing it. Maybe it's this tumblr/instagram generation and everyone wanting to dress like the IT girls and stars. 
I mean, have you noticed how the number of bloggers and fashionistas has drastically risen up. Everyone wants to be part of this world, look like a star and speak like one. 

Well, to return to the questions - you will have an answer when I finish my diploma, haha. 



 Well, to get to the "what am I wearing" section. While I was in Croatia visiting, I made a few snapshots of stylings at home, but unfortunately, because of the really bad lightning going on caused by the "end of the world" outside (meaning storm), the pictures aint as nice as I hoped they would be. No biggie, I shall repeat it :) 

Well, this series of pictures I kind of liked, so why the hell not use it. 
I am simply in love with this new jacket I bought. Since I am on a job haunt, I visited a few shops in good faith of getting a job, but in stead I found this amazing vintage jacket. The store is amazing, looks like there is a charleston movie going on in there. The collection is pretty impressive, and if you are living in Lisbon, be sure to visit it AS DES ESPADAS
Under the jacket I am wearing a friends vintage shirt buckled up to the last button.



The high waist pants are from my dear Claudia's Gold Velvet shop and I simply adore them. I paired it up with some marihuana leaf socks and evergreen All Star shoes. 

It's a simple easy breezy Del Ray way of styling for the vintage lovers.

Can't wait to share with you some other items I bought, including hats, caps, jackets, skirts and many others. Yes, I have completely gone crazy for details and hats. 
Now I think I am swimming in to the "shoes" area, which is a very dangerous area.


Speaking of trends there are a few that got caught up and some that still keep spinning as a evergreen record that never fades away, like knitwear, sneakers and again the shearling pieces and not just in jackets and outwear. 
That's one of the reasons I love this winter period, everything is so fuzzy, warm and cuddly. 






Another trend still holding on from a couple of seasons ago are the pajamas pants, of which I am a huge fan, have a couple of those, and now as I am writing about it I keep thinking why the hell I haven't worn them in a long time. But fer sure already made a styling with it, oldie but godly - the styling from 2 years ago, shot by me, worn by my lovely Ela. 








In to the trend category of this season the sparkly details defiantly fit in. Thanks to the upcoming holidays, the sparkles during day are "allowed". 
I fell in love with the Saint Laurent sparkly ankle boots. 






The bandana trend is still going on as shown in the pictures below. This time not only in a grungy styled way, it can also be a very chick detail like the street style star Hanne Gaby Odiele is wearing it.
Some wear this trend around their wrists and some tied around a classic satchel bag, while others wrap it around the head or simply wears it as a scarf.





Fringe and patterns don't seam to be leaving soon ether.



















Another thing I noticed a month ago or two, is the Burberry Prorsum's  printed ponchos  carpet look-alike that Blake Lively was wearing and which soon got caught up on the ladies from the media world. 





















 Another trend Blake Lively seems to be attached to is the butterfly motif, who has been used previously by Valentino and Gucci in the resort 15 collections.









Butterflies everywhere, hair, bracelets, fingers, pants, skirts, dresses, u name it. 




























Well to sum it up, I think that this seasons trend is kind of summed up in the new photohooting for S Moda starring the Victorias secret angel, Lily Aldrige.
You can see everything, from the furry details, loud prints and shiny details to the golden accessories.








No comments:

Post a Comment