Saturday, February 1, 2014

Family and Lisbon




The 10th of January I came back to the beautiful Portugal, and this time I brought my parents with me, which was super awesome - to get 10 more extra days with my family. 
They stayed in Caldas, in a hotel near me, and my dad rented a car so we can see as many things as possible, since I haven't seen the majority of things here in Portugal.We had only 5 days, and those 5 days were my final days in school, which was  a bit tricky cause I was torn between projects and traveling around with my family, but still we've seen some pretty cool stuff. 


The first day we went to see the beautiful Lisbon  we took the tour bus who takes u all around the city and has some stop points where you can go off the bus and explore that particular part of the city and when u are done, u just wait on the station for the bust to come again. It's the best way to see everything and you can use the ticket for 2 days. We didn't had that much time to explore it all, and the weather didn't do us any favors too. 


On the bust you get some earphones which you plug in the seats and then you just listen to the whole Lisbon story that explains everything you see while cruising around with the bus. In the background of the story was playing their traditional music - Fado (which means 'destiny' - 'fate') and it's like a traditional portuguese music that goes way back to the 1820s and it's characterized by mournful tunes and lyrics, often about the sea or the life of poor. I got carried away, so I didn't heard the most part of the text, but it's ok, since me and the girls are planing another trip and this time we are gonna stay for the whole weekend! 


Anyways, the music is beautiful, and it completely fitted the weather we were having! We also wanted to try some traditional portuguese food, but somehow we ended up in an irish pub/restaurant where I ate the best salad of my life hahahha





My little jewel <3











My daddy being a total tourist <3






Largest bridge in Europe







Lisbon is really gorgeous, and if you have the chance, you should visit it, cause there are just too many things to see, and you can totally get lost in to it for 4 days I believe, haha. Oh and the shopping, don't get me started on it, it's UNBELIEVABLE haha. 

Colombo is Portugal’s largest shopping center (and in Europe), as well as the largest mall in the Iberian Peninsula. It houses an impressive 420 stores and more than 60 restaurants.But since there was no time, everything was pretty much in a rush, so I think I need another weekend in Lisbon, to see it all + I totally want to dedicate 1 whole day to shopping and taking pictures of fashionable Lisbon people.


We also went to see Peniche, which is on the coast, I believe I already posted and wrote something about it (I believe, haha). My parents were amazed and they fell in love with the sandy beaches but also promised me that they shall never swim in the Ocean (my dad, like me , is very afraid of the sharks ahaha). 













The place they were most impressed by was Obidos. The name means something like 'fortified city' and it is situated on a hilltop, encircled by a fortified wall. 

All around the little place u can see examples of medieval architecture and it's a very popular tourist destination. In March they will also have a chocolate festival, which I am totally gonna see and write about, haha.

My parents described it as magical, as a perfect place to be (once you are older and u want peace haha).

Looks like this
p.s. picture wasn't taken by me, took it from the internet










They had some Christmas thing so those were the left overs I guess, It looked like an elf town



Love you so so much 


The pictures were taken by me, some with my camera some with iphone, and be sure I am gonna make a photoshooting in Lisbon, be sure of that. 


Oh, and my dad was so amused by the fact that Portugal is a 'cock' country, that he bought all sorts of little presents in that shape, haha, my dad <3

Shots time with my family, it was so fun <3


All in all was short but sweet, and it was our first big trip as a whole family, and I enjoyed every second of it, and of-course wish they could have stayed longer. Miss them so much :/





No comments:

Post a Comment