Saturday, December 28, 2013

Winter, where are you?




This winter has been very kind to us, but I am not quite sure if I am happy about it or not, since I love winter, and I am a huge fan of a snowy christmas (yes very cliché I know)! This year I didn't feel that Christmas spirit like I usually do, maybe cause I was in Portugal and it was way too sunny (which is awesome ofc), and way hotter than usual. In Croatia not much has changed, besides the sun part ofc, everything here is gray, dark and kind of sad! U can almost call it melancholic! 
So each winter I kind of change my cosmetics. Cause of the wind and low temperatures, your skin gets more sensitive, so u need to get some cosmetics who moisturize your skin , well, it all depends from your skin type. With mine u never know, specially during the winter, once is dry (very dry) other times is more oily. With me it actually depends of how much water do I drink, and again - specially during winter. 
This year Vichy made an interesting winter cosmetic edition to celebrate their 83 years of existing, and it comes in a retro box designed by the famous illustrator Bertrand de Miollis.



So, even from my outfit u can tell that it aint that cold actually (ofc I wouldn't go out with a jacket) haha. I got this gray long kimono shirt from my mother and  it's made from virgin wool by Peter Hahn, a german designer. it's really elegant with a few cuts from the side and in the front - that's why I call it 'kimono' haha! 
I paired it with my red L.A. cap. There is just something about red and gray, I love the combination, it pops! And just because the shirt is fancy, doesn't mean I can't make it a bit more 'mine' - which doesn't mean I aint fancy, just means - I won't wear high heals with a ponytail cause I don't feel like it! haha! 
So that's why I continued down that path, pairing it with some ripped ZARA jeans (yes, I ripped them) and my Catepilar boots, which I adore. And again it gives the outfit a grungy but kinda fancy look! 



This little backpack I bought it via ebay, and all of the zippers were broken, ofc -.-
But still, I fell in love with it, it's perfect. The only problem is that I can't seem to get used to small bags, I feel naked and like something is missing all the time! I actually am more worried to loose things with this small bag than with the big ones, strange huh?! 

I really actually miss  wearing heals sometimes, cause I could make killer combinations with them, but in Portugal the street is just not made for heels (it is made out of little square stone pieces)! I have to get used to it, but since the nights are wilder, I kinda  wanna keep my legs (haha).
My heals have to be more pin up style, or some firm high type of boot, cause my feet are really funny, and not that elegant and small, I mean, it still looks like child's feet, so imagine those in Manolo Blahnik. But I will wear them once, I must! haha
Nevertheless,  I think I kinda found my perfect sneakers, and my little eye spied the ones that Givenchy made - these printed silk-twill sneakers which are amaaaazing! I love everything about them, the print, the heal and very easy to combine! 




I actually have a lot to debate, since I finally got my literature (in english, italian and croatian) and I finally got some time to read and brainstorm! But unfortunately I am in a hurry, cause tomorrow, and by tomorrow I mean in 5 h, I am leaving with Viktor and Gaja to Milano, not just to celebrate New Years eve, but to make some serious business, so be expecting numerous posts, pictures and more adventures! 

And I wish u all happy Holidays and a very happy new year! 
Thank you for all of your emails, comments and 4000 views, which to me is a lot, since I am pretty much new in this! So thank u all for your support and bless u!!! 

much much love, 
Viktoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment